Why choose to stay at local homestays when there is a vast option for advanced hotels that provide A-class services and hospitality? This is one certain question most of the people generally make out in their head. Well, we have put forward this blog to hopefully change your point of thinking and we’re sure after reading this, you’ll love to spend a night in one of these homestays.
Why choose Home-Stays over Hotels?
The first thing for which homestays grade is that they are simply a part of someone’s home being converted into a hotel where the staff members are very much friendlier, services more personalized and the food is outworldly. Let us check out the best advantages of choosing a local homestay over top hotels.
- Let that be someone else’s home, but you get to stay at a place called “home”.
- You get to taste the authentic home cooked food.
- A stay will take you come closer to culturally richer experiences.
- They’re very much cheaper compared to the services they offer.
- Living with locals lets you become familiar with a place on an altogether different level.
- The experience adds on to the number of your travel stories.
1. Happy Valley Homestay- A lovely retreat in the Himalayan backdrop
The location of this quaint Happy Valley Homestay is such that all the Darjeeling attractions sightseeing places are easily accessible.
- Address: 29, Hooker Road Darjeeling (On Lebong cart road)
- Contact no.: (+91) 8101644723
- Facilities & amenities: Free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk, flat-screen TV, private bathrooms, restaurant, parking, car rental, adventure and Darjeeling sightseeing tour.
- Room Tariff: INR 1340/- onwards.
2. Snow Lion Homestay- Refresh yourself in this beautiful location
Snow Lion Homestay is a budget homestay located centrally on the Gandhi Road, Darjeeling hill town. The lodge is well-known for its personalized and friendly services.
- Address: Gandhi Road, Opposite Bethany Primary school, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: +91-354-2255521, +91-94761 62364
- Facilities & amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Television, CCTV services, car rental, room service, laundry etc.
- Room Tariff: INR 1,728/- onwards.
3. Auks Farm- A quiet getaway to relax and unwind amid nature
Situated amidst the deep mountains and hilly slopes, Auks Farm is probably the best village homestay in Darjeeling to escape from the monotony of your life.
- Address: Veterinary Clinic Lane, Soreng, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: 91 98119 24104
- Facilities & amenities: Internet access, outdoor dining area, parking, private garden, local guides, housekeeping.
- Room Tariff: INR 2,411/- onwards.
The hosts, Kalyan Kumar and Sushmita Subba are very welcoming and make sure you are looked after. Clean rooms and bathrooms, home cooked meals and an awesome view awaits you here.”
4. Nestle Homestay- “Home” is what people call it
Nestle Homestay guarantees a perfect blend of tranquillity and zest filled pursuits when it comes to accommodation & hospitality. It is also located within walkable distances to sightseeing places near Darjeeling like Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Botanical Garden, Main Market Area and Happy Valley Tea Garden.
- Address: Convent Road, Below District Magistrate’s Office, Haridas Hatta, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: 094342 09954
- Facilities & amenities: Meals, internet (Wi-Fi), TV, mini library, and games.
- Room Tariff: INR 1849/- onwards.
5. Gurung Guest House- One of the best homestays in Darjeeling
Owned and run by a local Gurung family, the Guest House is a perfect halting place well-known for the personalized care, attention and also its strategic location which offers stunning views of Mt. Kanchenjunga and the surrounding Himalayan ranges.
- Address: Tinchuley, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: +91 9434514614
- Facilities & amenities: Airport and station pickup/drop, local sightseeing, village excursions, adventure activities,
- Room Tariff: INR 3,553/- onwards.
6. Visit Aranya Baas Village Homestay for an idyllic stay
Away from the hassle of city life, Aranya Baas Village Homestay is a place for those who are in search of a peaceful and friendly accommodation.
- Address: Simbung Dera, Darjeeling,
- Contact no.: +91-8191900072, +91-8191900073
- Facilities: Airport Transportation, room services, restaurant, currency exchange, laundry, parking, internet/Wi-Fi, etc.
- Room Tariff: INR 1,167/- onwards.
Be there for a short stay & return back with a desire to go again as soon as possible.”
7. Samir’s Homestay- Step into the home of peace
Situated scenically amid the lovely mountains and enchanting tea gardens, Samir’s Homestay is a small halting area much renowned for treating its guests with a homely ambiance.
- Address: 10/A Hermitage Road, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: (+91) 7407247783, 9733367066
- Facilities & amenities: Room service, airport transportation, business centre internet access, room heaters and so on.
- Room Tariff: INR 2,475/- onwards.
8. Thagatha Farm- For a pleasant stay away from home
Close to nature and natives of the locality, Thagatha Farm is indeed a perfect place to be. It will give you the experience of standing in a completely different world.
- Address: Aanp Botay, Mineral Spring, Lebong, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: +91 9932021569 / 9775809299
- Facilities & amenities: Free Parking, Breakfast included Pool, Airport Transportation, Room Service, Family Rooms, and Laundry Service.
- Room Tariff: INR 2,411/- onwards.
9. Kanchan Kanya Homestay- Experience the best of Darjeeling’s hospitality
With an awesome location, well-maintained rooms and perfect hosts, Kanchan Kanya Homestay is an ideal place for travelers who are out on voyage and longing for a home-like accommodation.
- Address: Lepcha Jagat, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: 095935 65309
- Facilities & amenities: Room service, travel desk, parking, room service, Wi-Fi, restaurant, breakfast services, etc.
- Room Tariff: INR 1,523/- onwards.
10. Flee to Abiraj Homestay for a soulful retreat
Located within the heart of nature, Abiraj Homestay entertains its guests with the breathtaking view of Kanchenjunga, a romantic memory under pine trees and an excursion along the lush tea gardens.
- Address: Tinchuley, Peshok Rd, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: 097493 70965
- Facilities & amenities: Restaurant, bar, breakfast services, free Wi-Fi, parking, TV, attached bathrooms, kitchenette, etc.
- Room Tariff: INR 1,142/- onwards.
11. Home Stay Little Singamari- Get along with the locals
If you’re looking for personalized lodging services and want to indulge in with the locals of the hilly region, escape to Singamari, Darjeeling. The Home Stay Little is ready to enrich your wants.
- Address: Lebong Cart Road, Near N.P. College, North Point Singamari, Darjeeling.
- Contact no.: 098325 43590
- Facilities & services: Parking, internet, airport transport, currency exchange, breakfast, room service, laundry services, and wakeup calls, etc.
- Room Tariff: INR 1,967/- onwards.