The spellbinding views of snow-capped Kanchenjunga, amazing tea garden and the delicious hill cuisine allure many visitors to Darjeeling every year. If you are hunting for the best romantic place for a honeymoon, then nothing would be better than Darjeeling. This hill station is all about romantic strolls, serene ambiance, cool breeze, lush green tea estates, and misty paths. Besides, it also provides a wide range of adventure sports and trekking opportunities.
Darjeeling is also known as ‘Queen of the hills’, popularly famous as the honeymooner’s paradise. Its rich culture, beauty, and the charm make this district the most preferred destination by the couples who are planning to celebrate their honeymoon holidays in North Bengal. Honeymoon in Darjeeling is becoming very popular as there are many romantic destinations blessed by the beauty of nature, tranquility and at the same time solitude prevails, which is much needed for honeymoon celebration.
Shah Tours is one of the famous travel agencies in Siliguri that provides the best Darjeeling honeymoon packages at a budget-friendly rate with homely accommodations. And we assure you will admire your choice for years to come.
How to get here?
Darjeeling is just a 3-hour scenic ride away from the junction of Siliguri, which is well connected to the rest of India via air, road & railway. The nearest airport is Bagdogra, which offers directly reserved rides to Darjeeling from the airport. NJP Railway Station is the nearest station that has access to reserved as well as public vehicles for direct routes to Darjeeling on an hourly basis. You can reach Siliguri via luxury buses that run from Kolkata to Siliguri overnight.
Here, we have entailed the information about most romantic places for honeymooners in Darjeeling:
1. Tiger Hill: Explore the mesmerizing beauty of Mt. Kanchenjunga
2. Batasia Loop: Get amazed by the scenic beauty and architectural wonders.
3. Ghoom Monastery: Get a glimpse of Maitreya Buddha & explore colorful paintings.
4. Rock Garden: Spend some cozy moments with your better half.
5. Tea Garden: Get the amazing view of lush green tea gardens with your loved ones.
6. Mall Road: Make your evening time beautiful in Mall Road with your love partner.
There are few things to do in Darjeeling to make your honeymoon a memorable affair, which is included in our Darjeeling honeymoon packages:
- Book a Joy Ride ticket
- A thrilling ropeway ride
- Go white water rafting in Teesta & Rangeet river
- Go on a short road trip to Kalimpong
Best hotels & resorts in Darjeeling for honeymooners:
- The Elgin Darjeeling – A luxury heritage hotel
- Sian Spa & Resort – Experience the essence of Darjeeling
- Cedar Inn – For a slice of wilderness
Some tips should be kept in your mind:
- You would need to do a lot of walking. Not all destinations can be reached by a vehicle. Pack a sports shoe or any walking shoe.
- You should always carry your own water bottle as safe drinking water will not be available everywhere.
- Have some warm clothes as the day will be cold and the nights will be very chilly. Unpredictable showers are very common, so you should also carry an umbrella with you.
- You should always carry all necessary medicines and some dry fruits with you.
Q. What is the best time to visit Darjeeling for snowfall?
A. October to March is the best time to visit Darjeeling if you want to enjoy the snowfall with your loved ones.
Q. What is the rate of white water rafting in Teesta & Rangeet River?
A. The rate of white water rafting in Teesta & Rangeet River is between INR 800- INR 4500.
Q. What are the best foods we will get in Darjeeling?
A. Momos, Thukpa, Alu Dam, Traditional Nepali Thali, Dalle, Shaphalay etc are the most delicious food you will get in Darjeeling.